All these sites have a searchable catalogue
- AFNOR - Association Française de Normalisation The French standards body.
- ANSI American National Standards Institute
A World Wide Web-based system designed to provide users with a wide
range of standards information from major standards developers,
including developers accredited by the American National Standards
Institute, other U.S. private sector standards organizations, government
agencies, including the U.S. Department of Defense, and international
- British Standards Institute
The BSI catalogue on-line, with good searching facilities. Other useful information.
DISC is the part of British Standards Institution responsible for
standardization in Information and Communications Technologies - ICT.
DIN - Deutsches Institut für Normung e.V.
DIN, the German Institute for Standardization, is a registered
association with its head office in Berlin.
- ETSI - European Telecommunications Standards Institute
ETSI was set up in 1988 to set standards for Europe in
telecommunications and the related fields of broadcasting and office
information technology. This site includes a comprehensive list of
- ISO - International Organization for Standardization
The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) is a worldwide
federation of national standards bodies from some 130 countries, one
from each country.
This site includes links to International, Regional, and National Standards Bodies.
- IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc. (U.S.)
Lots of useful information.
- IEC - International Electrotechnical Commission
The IEC is the international standards body for all fields of
- International Commission on Illumination
COMMISSION INTERNATIONALE DE L'ÉCLAIRAGE
- UL Underwriters Laboratory
Underwriters Laboratories Inc. (UL) is an independent, not-for-profit product
safety testing and certification organization.
We have tested products for public safety for more than a century.
Each year, more than 16 billion UL Marks are applied to products worldwide.
- Standards Glossary
A comprehensive list of national and international standards by
The Standards Current Issues Group (SCIG) (University of Colorado)